| This article features Upcoming content that is not currently finished.|
Consider this page placeholder until more information is available.
Check out the NOTD Forums for more information on NOTD2.
|Innate Skill(s):||Focus Fire|
The Rifleman is the average squad member of the UGC Marine Corps. However, they are far from mediocre. Well trained, disciplined and loyal - they are testament to the effectiveness of the Marine Corps. They are capable of conducting multiple infantry roles, including the highly offensive, defensive crowd control, and reconnaissance. In addition they are equipped with Power Armor Combat Suits that are the best the military can offer its soldiers. They are versatile, tough and deadly.
Focus Fire (F)
- Increases weapon damage by 30% and reduces attack speed by 20%.
Rifle Proficiency Passive
- The Rifleman gains a 7.5% attack speed bonus when using their starting weapon if it is an Assault Rifle, Marksman Rifle, or Laser Rifle.
- The Rifleman equips weapons 50% faster.
The Rifleman has remarkable accuracy with most weapons, allowing them to strike at targets of opportunity at an increased rate. Passive
- Level 1 - 10% chance to deal 200% damage
- Level 2 - 20% chance to deal 200% damage
- Level 3 - 30% chance to deal 200% damage
The thrill of combat brings the Rifleman into a higher state of focus, providing additional offensive bonuses when using Focus Fire. Passive
- Level 1 - Increases attack speed by 15% and range by 1 while using Focus Fire
- Level 2 - Increases attack speed by 30% and range by 2 while using Focus Fire
- Level 3 - Increases attack speed by 45% and range by 3 while using Focus Fire
Constant weapons drills have turned reloading weapons and absorbing their recoil into an act of muscle memory, making the Rifleman much more proficient at handling weapons. Passive
- Level 1 - Increases reload speed by 15% and increases Focus Fire damage by 5%
- Level 2 - Increases reload speed by 30% and increases Focus Fire damage by 10%
(E) - Fragmentation Grenades are anti-personnel weapons that are designed to scatter shrapnel at high velocities upon detonation, wounding and potentially killing targets in a fairly large area. Because they rely on fragmented metal rather than the concussive strength of the grenade itself, these weapons have a fairly large radius of effect, but perform very poorly against armor and do almost nothing against shields. Grenades are affected by Critical Strike and Focus Fire’s damage bonus. 10 range. 6 second cooldown. 25 energy cost.
- Level 1 - Deals 100 damage to enemies in a radius of 2 with a travel time of 1.5 seconds. Damage is reduced by 50% against Armored units and 95% against shields
- Level 2 - Deals 200 damage to enemies in a radius of 3 with a travel time of 1.5 seconds. Damage is reduced by 50% against Armored units and 95% against shields
- Level 3 - Deals 250 damage to enemies in a radius of 3 on impact. Grenade range increased to 15. Damage is reduced by 50% against Armored units and 95% against shields. Requires Grenadier skill and usage will put the other grenades in the Grenadier skill on cooldown as well
(W) - Intoxicated by the rush of battle and slaying their enemies, the Rifleman enters a state of heightened reflexes and zeal and shoots with pinpoint accuracy for a brief period of time. 15 second cooldown. 25 energy cost.
- Level 1 - The Rifleman receives 50% bonus attack speed and damage for 15 seconds
The UGC Modular Grenade Launcher is an underslung grenade launcher weapon attachment that can be applied instantly to nearly any weapon. In the event of the weapon being incompatible, it can also be used alone. Grenade launchers are weapons that fire grenades with more accuracy, velocity, and range than a user could throw them. The UGC MGL uses an electromagnetic catapult mechanism rather than a firing assembly, allowing it to use both hand grenades and launcher grenades as ammunition. Grenades are affected by Focus Fire’s damage bonus and can Critical Strike.
- Level 1 - Fragmentation Grenade gains additional range and damage if it is Level 2 and the Rifleman gains access to the Impaler Grenade and Plasma Grenade abilities
Additional grenades available
Impaler Grenade (W)
- Launch an Impaler Grenade at the target area, dealing 900 damage to all enemies in a 0.25 radius on impact. Usage puts the other grenade abilities on cooldown. 15 range. 6 second cooldown. 25 energy cost.
Plasma Grenade (G)
- Launch a Plasma Grenade at the target area, dealing 80 damage to all enemies in a 3 radius on impact and reduces their armor and shield armor by 5 for 10 seconds. Damage is increased by 300% against shields. Usage puts the other grenade abilities on cooldown. 15 range. 6 second cooldown. 25 energy cost.
(R) - The Rifleman takes aim and fires a single well placed shot at the enemy, dealing high damage and slowing them. The target takes 50% additional damage if it is slowed or stunned. Precision Shot is affected by Focus Fire’s damage bonus and can Critical strike. If Focus Fire is active and has Crippling Fire’s upgrade, the bonus damage is applied automatically. 15 range. 5 second cooldown. 10 energy cost.
- Level 1 - Deals 100 damage and slows target movespeed by 10% for 5 seconds
- Level 2 - Deals 200 damage and slows target movespeed by 20% for 5 seconds
- Level 3 - Deals 300 damage and slows target movespeed by 40% for 5 seconds
Defensive combat training allows the Rifleman to effectively utilize suppressing action during Focus Fire, providing additional defensive bonuses when using Focus Fire. Passive
- Level 1 - Lowers the attacked target’s movespeed by 15% and attack speed by 5% for 1 second
- Level 2 - Lowers the attacked target’s movespeed by 20% and attack speed by 10% for 1 second
- Level 3 - Lowers the attacked target’s movespeed by 25% and attack speed by 15% for 1 second
(Q) - The Rifleman has been instructed in basic medical training, allowing them to treat most injuries that they may incur during active duty. The Rifleman’s powered exoskeleton also has a multitude of integrated injection modules which contain various antivenoms, coagulants, and saline. If the suit is in overdrive, it is even possible to set bones and mend fractures nearly instantly. 15 second cooldown. 20 energy cost.
- Level 1 - Restores 30 health and cures 1 Venom
- Level 2 - Restores 30 health and cures 1 Venom and 1 Open Wound
(C) - A Sonic Trap is a device about the size of a briefcase that suspends 6 explosive charges inside an energy field. When a non-authorized entity draws near the device, one of the charges explodes, causing the energy field to expand rapidly in an attempt to contain the reaction. This creates a large non-lethal shockwave that is capable of pushing objects up to 250 pounds away without causing significant harm. Sonic Traps are popular with both security and military forces, as they can be used indiscriminately to disable insurgents or otherwise hostile forces without significant harm to civilians or property. 45 second cooldown. 45 energy cost.
- Level 1 - When an enemy passes within 3 radius, all non-heroic and non-massive units in a 5 radius are pushed back a distance of 5 and stunned for 0.5 seconds. Massive units are slowed by 20% and Heroic units are slowed by 10%
- Level 2 - When an enemy passes within 3 radius, all non-heroic and non-massive units in a 8 radius are pushed back a distance of 5 and stunned for 1 second. Massive units are slowed by 40% and Heroic units are slowed by 20%
(C) - The Rifleman forces an enormous surge of energy into their suit’s capacitors and shields, accelerating their suit’s systems to overdrive and blasting the excess from its shield nodes in a searing flash of light and heat. This state of overdrive improves the suit’s basic functions for a brief time, increasing the defensive benefits provided by the exoskeleton considerably. 20 second cooldown. 25 energy cost.
- Level 1 - Non-Heroic units in a radius of 6 take 200 damage and are stunned for 5 seconds. Heroic units have their movement speed lowered by 50% for 5 seconds. The Rifleman gains 2 armor, 50% bonus movement speed, and an improved Self Aid for 10 seconds
|Bonus Damage:||+25 vs Light|
|Bonus Damage:||+5 vs Armored|
(G) - Dogs have been used as companions in wartime situations for thousands of years and for a wide variety of uses. Most commonly, they are employed as sentries, scouts, and combat companions. Animal rights lobbyists (along with recent infestation fears) have generally phased out live combat companions, but the recent surge in robotics funding and research has provided a replacement that addresses both concerns. 5 minute cooldown. 75 energy cost.
- Level 1 - The K-9 Unit is a versatile companion that can be used to aid in combat, scout, retrieve items (2 backpack size), and defend areas
K-9 Unit attacks
- Titanium Claw
- 25 damage +25 vs light
- 0.5 armor reduction
- 0.4 attack speed
- 1 range
- 15 damage +5 vs armored
- 0.5 armor reduction
- 1 splash radius
- 0.5 attack speed
- 10 range, can fire on the move
K-9 Unit abilities
- Mechanical Passive
- Mechanical units are immune to ailments, but can be hacked. Hacking can result in canceled orders, freezing, and possible hijacking of the unit.
- Low Profile Passive
- The K-9 Unit’s low profile makes it difficult to hit with gunfire, providing 50% evasion against ranged attacks.
- Backpack Passive
- The K-9 Unit is equipped with a satchel that it can use to store and transport items, but it cannot be used while the turret is deployed. If there are items being carried when the turret is deployed, they will be dropped automatically.
- Support Turret (R)
- The K-9 Unit is equipped with a retractable, back-mounted rifle that can be deployed to engage targets at a distance or provide covering fire. The K-9 Unit is immobile when deploying or retracting the turret (both actions taking 2 seconds to perform).
- Sprint (Z)
- Increases movement speed by 35% for 10 seconds. 5 second cooldown
- Jump (Q)
- Jumping can allow the user to vault over obstacles and descend from small cliffs without injury. Jumping from a high cliff will result in damage. 15 second cooldown.
- Hold Fire/Weapons Free (F)
- While Hold Fire is active, the K-9 Unit will not automatically acquire targets to attack.